The easy to use 4-channel Organ Bath 820MO is a flexible system for contraction/relaxation studies of isolated smooth, skeletal, or cardiac tissue.
- System construction is robust (no glass components)
- Small footprint making it portable. Ideal for labs with limited space or for easy sharing between researchers.
- Simple tissue mounting, easy to operate, easy to maintain
- Highly sensitive force transducers provide data that is accurate and reproducible
Easy-clean chambers are made of acid resistant stainless steel which prevents lipids from sticking to its surface. Systems are well suited to intensive and long term use.
Flexible, feature-rich for diverse pharmacology research
- For a diverse range of experiments using isolated vessel rings (>500 µm) or muscle strips (<20 mm).
- Controlled environment, tissue segments are kept in a heated and oxygenated perfusate to maintain tissue viability. Contraction and relaxation are measured using precision isometric force transducers.
- Collects highly sensitive data from vessel rings or muscle strips (including aortic rings, trachea, veins, uterine, colon, ileum, diaphragm etc).
- Easy to adjust force range for a wide range of experiments. The sensitive force transducer measures isometric vessel and muscle contractions.
- Micrometers allow accurate pre-load setting.
- Microscopic observation of tissue is easy; chambers are removable for quick transfer to a microscope.
- Drugs and reagents can be added directly to the compact stainless steel chamber to assess function
Easy to use, time saving features
- Fast setup and tissue mounting facilitated by open chamber design .
- Integrated force transducer eliminates the need to change transducers every time a different tissue is mounted.
- Integrated vacuum and gas bubbling ports.
- Automatic chamber refilling is available as an option.
Compact, portable system saves lab space & reduces messy accidents
Perfect for labs with limited or multidisciplinary space. The robust systems are not bulky and fragile. They are easily moved or shared with other researchers.
Unlike other organ baths, it does not contain glass. It is not fragile, so there are no messy and potentially dangerous accidents involving glasss.
Automation for high throughput screening
Add the Automatic Buffer Filler System – 625FS for throughput screening such as drug testing or experiments requiring the separation of tissue preparations in individual baths.
Direct data streaming
Save data directly to your computer using LabChart Pro data analysis software by ADInstruments or use the 820MO with your preferred data acquisition system.
Reduces drug and reagent costs
Some drugs and reagents can be expensive or difficult to obtain. The compact chamber with a volume size of 4 – 8ml significantly reduces the quantity of compounds that are required using traditional systems. This can provide significant cost savings.
Easy cleaning and maintenance
Cleaning can be as easy as a few washes!
Optional Add-Ons Available
- Current Stimulator
- Electrodes for stimulation
- Buffer Filler System
- Vacuum Package
- Gas Supply Manifold
- Data Acquisition
- Computer Package
- Dissection Tool Kit
- Dissection Microscope
- Light Source
- Heating Bath Circulator
- pH Meter & Electrode
- Service/Maintenance Contract
- Extended Warranty
A series of 6 videos are available to help you set up, use and clean your DMT 820MO organ bath system.
- A Quick Introduction
- How to set up using mouse aortic rings
- Setting Up | How to Change Mounts
- Experimental Setup – Rings
- Experimental Setup – Strips
- Cleaning & Maintenance
View the 820MO Organ Bath series